[PD] Having trouble getting my external to work

Rick T ratulloch at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 23:34:27 CEST 2011

Greetings All

I'm having trouble getting my external to work, It compiles with no errors
and has 1 warning when I do a make but it completes
successfully see warning below.

cc -export_dynamic -shared  -lc -lm -DPD -O2 -funroll-loops
-fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror
-Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -I../../../../pd/src -o
sineq.pd_linux sineq.c
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol xport_dynamic; defaulting to
0000000000000980
strip --strip-unneeded sineq.pd_linux
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rat/Documents/pd/code'
Compilation finished successfully.

I copy over the sineq.pd_linux to the pd-externals directory but when I try
and add the external in PD it says "couldn't create" on the main console
screen.

Here's a link to the workflow of my thinking and what I'm trying to do,
notice I have 4 float inputs and 1 signal output
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6576402/questions/pd/Sine_EQ_Diagram.jpg

Link to code: (Pastebin)
http://pastebin.com/wW9H4pWY

Link to makefile (pastebin)
http://pastebin.com/z9aTYVNY

My external is a reproduction of the sinewave equation with 4 inputs that
are floats and one output signal my logic is to have 4 inlets one for the
frequency,amplitude,phase and vertical offset and an output for the created
signal.  Granted this isn't the final equation but this will help me
understand how to create the full equation once done.   If you want to see
the full equation I'll be using here's a link to it below.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6576402/questions/eq1.txt

Basically it's a 1 second periodic signal with the sample rate at 44100
which the equation gives me control over the frequency,amplitude,phase and
vertical offset, which will be controlled by a usb midi controller.

Another question I have is what do I use for the t (time) for my final
equation is that the t_sample object in PD?  or do I need to create a for
loop counting from 1-44100 for a 1 second 44100 sampled equation? like this
link uses
http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/c/threads/354944

PS: I'm compiling on ubuntu 10.04 using gcc
Sorry for the link / information overload.  After going over the d_osc.c,
bassemu.c and the pan~ tutorial I'm a little stuck and not sure what's
causing the issue.

Aloha
Rick