[PD] drag-n-drop support in Pd-extended (TkDND)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Sep 20 06:47:17 CEST 2011

On Sep 20, 2011, at 12:38 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Le 2011-09-19 à 13:04:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>
>> What I've been thinking of doing is have file association patches,
>> so like wav.pd, mov.pd, mp3,pd, etc.  Then when you drop a .wav
>> file onto a canvas, it would copy-n-paste the contents of wav.pd
>> where you dropped the .wav file.
>
> It wouldn't know whether you want is a [readsf~], a [soundfiler], or
> a saved array (or a set thereof, one per channel). I don't think any
> of those three is a default that makes sense.
>
> Also, how would you make wav.pd have a placeholder for the
> filename ? $1 could be replaced in objectboxes, but in messageboxes
> $1 doesn't have the same meaning and it could be a conflict.

This is already implemented, I just need the tkdnd part to work.  The
idea is that people make their own associations, so people figure out
what works for them.

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/scripts/guiplugins/file_associations/

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during
that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big
Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler