[PD] [PD-dev] removing path and libs from Pd-extended preferences GUI

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Sep 20 20:44:47 CEST 2011

For this situation, I think there is no need for custom paths, you can
use the built-in default paths, which are the default in pd-vanilla,
pd-extended, and pd-l2ork.

For the rjlib, merely drop the 'rj' folder into the standard default
install location:
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files

Then use the object by doing [rj/s_fm4] or whatever.  Or you could you:

[import rj]
[s_fm4]

or:

[declare -lib rj]
[s_fm4]

The only use case for setting your own path that I know is like [declare
-path lib/] where you set a folder within your project to load libs
from.  That is accomplished much better with [declare -path] than
setting a global pref because it means the patch has the whole config
included with it.

.hc