[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 27 19:59:20 CEST 2011

Le 2011-09-26 à 08:34:00, Richie Cyngler a écrit :

> None of these combinations provide that behavior on Pd Vanilla built from
> latest git on OS X 10.6:
>
>    control-Enter
>    command-Enter
>    option-Enter
>    shift-Enter
>
> I could live with control-Enter instead of <ESC> (especially since I've
> rewired my caps lock key to control at the OS level using the Keyboard system
> prefs) -- though <ESC> works so well for switching modes in Vim. :)

The only thing that has made sense to me is :

   Enter for accepting changes made in a box's text and exit that mode ;

   Escape for cancelling those changes and exit that mode too ;

   Shift-Enter to insert a literal newline in a box's text (currently
   meaningless because they get replaced by Space by the loader/saver) ;

   Those shortcuts don't necessarily apply to the main Edit Mode... I don't
   recall whether we bound Enter to « switch to text edition ». Escape has
   no effect in that context, because there's no modal dialogue-like thing
   to get out of. A text edition in progress is quite « modal » in that
   particular meaning of the word (but there are several things called