[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Sep 29 06:44:39 CEST 2011

On Sep 29, 2011, at 12:38 AM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:00:21AM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> wrote:
>> As the maintainer and main author of the pd-extended.git, I will you
>> give you my assurance that the code under pd-extended.git is under
>> a BSD
>> license.  That repo is a fork of the pure-data.git repo of Miller,
>> it is
>> largely intended as way to develop and feed patches to the upstream
>> pure-data.git, and as Matju pointed out, the only license statement
>> in
>> pd-extended.git is Miller's BSD one from pure-data git.
>
> Thanks, Hans.  Given your constraints, I can't think of a way to
> improve upon
> this setup.
>
> It seems wise that you keep the satellite libraries in a seperate
> repository
> from the core -- that makes it more difficult for code to wander
> where it
> shouldn't or for tight bonds to form.
>
> Of course it would be ideal if there was only one core repository,
> not the
> least because it seems like a lot of work for you to maintain the
> fork in the
> manner that you do -- but it is apparent why that is not feasible.
>
> License proliferation is a costly problem, both in the open source
> world at
> large and within the microcosm of this one project.

In my opinion, using GPLv3 has been the easiest of the options.  It
means that we can use code that is licensed with a BSD, MIT, Tcl,
Apache, GPLv2, LGPL, GPLv3, etc..  So its the most compatible to the
code that's out there, meaning thinking about licenses less writing
more code that everyone is free to use :)

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams