[PD] PD on iPhone

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Oct 9 18:19:15 CEST 2011

Le 2011-10-09 à 16:06:00, Pagano, Patrick a écrit :

> I think the easiest way to experiment is with RJDJ

I use libpd in Objective-C++, using almost exclusively the <m_pd.h> (and
not libpd's own). Actually, I'm almost using Vanilla, except for the way
the sound API was replaced by a stub that I can plug in whatever.

For a future Android port, I expect to use nearly the same except that the
Apple UIKit code will be replaced by Android's toolkit and that the rest
of the app will run as JNI.

In the meantime, I made a Linux port of the app, so that Pd runs with
PulseAudio instead of AudioUnit. AFAIK, this is the first occurrence of
using PulseAudio directly with Pd, apart from LD_PRELOADing an OSS/ALSA
emulator.