[PD] 0.43+ gui performance problem

Yury Bulka yurkobb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 16:17:50 CEST 2011

Hello dear Pd users and developers,

I have a basic problem: on my system (debian sid, i386) Pd 0.43+ as well
as Pd-extended 0.42.5 both have very low gui performance (sometimes it takes
couple of seconds to update). It's happening even if I have one object
in a maximized window and try to move it with DSP off.

I think this can be somehow related to the GUI rewrite (fonts? UTF-8
support?), because Pd-vanilla 0.42.x was running quite well.

I've also tried to compile Pd-vanilla 0.43.1x from upstream source, but got
the same result.

What might be the cause? Did anyone experience something similar?

Thanks for reading,
YurB