[PD] OT: Poll: Csounds or SuperCollider or Chuck

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Tue Nov 1 07:07:42 CET 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Epic Jefferson <jeffreyconcepcion at gmail.com
> wrote:

> >>// 128 sine waves with random freq mixed down to stereo:
> >>{ Splay.ar(SinOsc.ar({ExpRand(100, 5e3)} ! 128)) }.play
>
> in CSound, we could have a better idea of the different coding
> perspectives.

I have not used CSound in (too many) years to provide a clever way of doing
this so you will have to RTFM, I guess.  I suggest
http://www.csounds.com/tootsother/index.html to begin with.

Yet, some people use CSound in real-time. Whether it is more or less
convenient than in Pd/pyo/SC/ChucK/C++/etc is not up to me to decide (and
again, it is probably still a matter of taste).

./MiS