[PD] get console messages within patch

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Nov 21 05:59:20 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-16 à 18:06:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :
>> From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
>>   http://artengine.ca/desiredata/gallery/unpost.gif
>> But this external would require a modification to pd that has been circulating
>> on the net since 2003 and rejected by Miller in 2004.
> What's the modification?  Is it on the tracker?

Actually, I don't find it in the bug tracker nor the patch tracker.

Don't worry, it's somewhere in SourceForget.

Actually, you can find it in the devel_0_37 branch. This is what I used to
implement the original Pd console. Then I submitted it to Miller (through
pd-list). Then Miller ignored my code and rewrote it without using
printhook and left out one or two features as well. I'm pretty sure he
claimed that t_printhook was a bad or ugly design. That was in jan 2004 or
so, but I only got to know about Miller's console in august when he
unveiled pd 38.