[PD] GEM in 10.7

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Dec 16 17:37:06 CET 2011

On 12/16/2011 12:57 PM, Jaime Oliver wrote:
>> maybe they are simply using the binaries provided?
>
> Of course...
>
>> they are compiled on a 10.5 machine, but they should run on 10.7
>
> I also have a 10.6 version I could use, but have this laptop right now...
>
>> do you have any special reason to compile it yourself?
>
> well, I haven't gotten around making a system to compile just one
> pix_external, so I just recompile gem over and over again, and because
> that is the only recent change in the code it compiles only that one
> object very fast.
>
> It'd be great to have an example in the extra folder just like there
> is in pd in doc/6.externs/... that is, a piece of example code and a
> multi-platform makefile.
> or is there...?

you could have a look at extra/pix_drum/ :-)

it's not a simple "multi-platform makefile", since i don't believe in
such a thing, but instead you should be able to easily add your own
Gem/externals in the same fashion (e.g. using autotools).

after running configure, you don't need to recompile the entire Gem,
just run make in extra/pix_head/

gfamsdr
IOhannes