[PD] porting vade shaders collection to Pd

Guido Tamino guido.tamino at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 13:02:29 CET 2011

Hello,

actually the [pix_shader] abstraction comes from a depth of field simulation I made with glsl/gem a while ago. Download link, documentation and demo video are available at the link below. If anyone wants to try it out, the depth of field patch is pretty self-explainatory and should work just out of the box.
http://vimeo.com/30188933

Before being swamped with work I was interested in porting Vade shaders and other glsl stuff to PD. I implemented his blur shaders (motion blur, zoom blur and fast blur) and they all seems to work fine but a lot of work has to be done before using them as solid generic effects.
http://guidotamino.it/download/glslBlur.zip

A couple months ago I opened a discussion with Cyrille on the theme but we were both too busy with work to fully dive into the subject. In the meanwhile I played around with the optical flow experiments by the jitter community with nice results, a demo could be seen here:
http://vimeo.com/30517302

I'm definetely interested in developing a set of glsl wrappers to make the whole thing easier for a beginner. I am a beginner myself and I had some tough times trying to figure out things like how to multipass glsl effects or how to feed multiple textures to a shader. This kind of stuff is almost undocumented and needs a lot of trial and error in order to be understood.

Best,
Guido