[PD] FLOSS Manuals

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Feb 11 23:23:51 CET 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 3:41 PM, Max wrote:

> El 11.02.2012, a las 05:57, Hans-Christoph Steiner escribió:
>> The FLOSS manuals book is editable by anyone.  Please fix it if it has wrong info.  :)
>
> I've tried to fix obviously wrong stuff, like for instance the senctence:
> “The numbers sent from our counter will increase endlessly.” on the page:
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/ch031_step-sequencer/
>
> If i log in and edit, I changed it to
> „The numbers sent from our counter will increase until the number 16777216.“
> on http://booki.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/_edit/
>
> although the edit was a few months ago it hasn't been published to the frontend.
> When I noticed that, i stopped editing because it seemed pointless. Am I missing something obvious?

Its a publishing system, so the public facing version of the book is different than the one you are editing.  The idea is that you can work on editing without affecting the public book, then when its ready for an update, you can flip the changes to the public version.

Derek and Adam always did that part, I haven't done it before, but it can be done whenever someone wants to take it on.