[PD] Thoughts in conclusion of the 4th Pure Data Convention

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 12 17:02:22 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-12 à 11:31:00, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :

> a thought from a participant (and i guess that i'm among those raising the
> average age): while i very much enjoyed staying in private accomodation in
> mtl, i think it is even nicer for the participants to "team up" and live
> together (whether its youth hostel or hilton is only a question of budget)
> the convention does not finish after the last concert, nor does it start with
> the first lecture.

That's especially where private home accomodation is most flexible, if
you're not too shy to ask for a special case. It's not like you couldn't
have had extra days before and/or after. That's not something that you can
do easily with a big space that has been reserved from day A to day B. I'm
sure that it would have been easy to get extra days. I did give extra days
to several people in my home.

> however, a big drawback of this scheme (for which i haven't found a
> solution yet), is that the locals are kind of kept out of the fun (at
> least that was my impression when we did it in graz and all of you were
> doing party in the nunnery while we were busy trying to keep things
> running)

AFAIR, there was no party in the nunnery. We were all very tired from
trying to stay awake 19 hours per day or something. The partying was
always somewhere else and then we walked back to the nunnery. The time
spent all together in the nunnery was the included breakfast in the
morning.