[PD] Fwd: [PD-dev] New snapshot of pd-l2ork available -- feedback appreciated

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Mon Feb 13 18:09:18 CET 2012

Colet Patrice

----- Mail original -----
> De: "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico at vt.edu>
> À: "Patrice Colet" <colet.patrice at free.fr>, "pd-list" <pd-list at iem.at>
> Cc: "Mathieu Bouchard" <matju at artengine.ca>

> It is not necessary. It is a matter of making sure you use proper
> build system. The current code should build just fine on Windows
> (although I never tried it) as its build system is based on
> Pd-extended which also builds for Windows. The problem does not lie

 No it's not possible that those sources compiles on windows, because some includes
needs to be surrounded by #ifndef MSW #endif,
some libraries doesn't exist at all on windows, whatever the build system we use.
 I'll give a try when I got time to modify sources and see what happen...

> therefore in backtracing but rather revamping pd.tk to circumvent
> fixes and improvements that do not take into account OSs other than
> Linux. Some work has been already done with this in the early days
> when I was working on having these improvements submitted upstream.
> Also, understand that while pd.tk is on paper one version behind
> latest 0.43 tcl implementation, it also has plenty of improvements
> that do not exist in 0.43, so in some respects is ahead of curve
> (but is also behind in terms of code-cleanliness). At some point
> those may have to be reconciled (likely once 0.43 branch is rock
> solid tcl-wise (which may be already the case), I find enough time
> to do this, and a reason to do it).

I'm particulary interested into using pd-l2ork for some projects where I need to compute
data with an higher precision than 32bit floats, for some reasons this is happening on win64, not on linux,
because of hardware compatibility problems.