[PD] Pd-extended can't see $0-arrays ???

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:24:08 CET 2012

On 14/02/12 04:38, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Le 2012-02-14 à 07:33:00, Фывапр Олджэвич a écrit :
>
>> Why can't I create Arrays with names like " $0-tab " ?
>
> $0 has no effect in messageboxes. You need to generate it using a
> float box such as [f $0] or even just [$0].

For [soundfiler] you can also use a symbol to pass as the array name and
that will correcly translate $0 Eg.

[bang(

[symbol $0-tab]

[read -resize myfile.aiff $1(

[soundfiler]

As for [tabwrite] and [tabread] using $0 will work fine (e.g. [tabwrite $0]

For sending messages to arrays such as resize, normalize etc. you can
use [send $0-tab] objects instead of the [;resize tablename( notation

Lorenzo.