[PD] sigmund list sort

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 24 09:02:40 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 01:14:22PM -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Le 2012-02-18 à 09:58:00, Miller Puckette a écrit :
>
>> I believe there's no good way to do this in pd vanilla.  THere should
>> be a 'list sort' but I haven't figured out what would be the best
>> design. (and there's probably already a list sort in Pd extended :)
>
> the [list-sort] abstraction uses a high-constant O(n²) algorithm that
> breaks once you try to sort more than 125 values.

Actually [list-sort] since quite some time uses the "sort" method borrowed from
Pd's data-structures for sorting. The problem here is not so much the sorting
algorithm, which is very fast and can sort way more than 125 items.

However copying the list to a data structure and back - this currently indeed
has a problem with stack-overflows, as I'm now aware. Have to think about a
fix ...

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__