[PD] MIDI input problems in PD

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Sun Feb 26 08:28:56 CET 2012

I had the same problem with Windows XP and a RME Hammerfall DSP card using
only the normal [notein], [ctlin], [toutchin] and [pgmin] for a sampling
synth. I don't think it's the midi interface. RME has some of the best
drivers - very stable.

Sometimes after a certain amount of time it started playing notes by itself
and didn't seem to stop anymore. It sounded like notes or melodies that I
had been playing before. Nothing random.

Could it be possible that midi data is written into a buffer that does not
get emptied anymore? Then something might trigger reading out that buffer?

I couldn't recreate why it happened. Most of the time it didn't do it but
every once in a while it did.

I had no problem ever running Nuendo for days on that same machine
programming midi. The same Pd patch was doing fine on a Linux computer after
switching to Linux.

Ingo