[PD] 0.43 oddities (Was Re: pdlua and tclpd: now embedded in Pd-extended 0.43)

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:39:48 CET 2012

Just a list of strange things I noticed running latest autobuild - on this
account where Pd was never used before.
(some of these are perhaps known or perfectly ok. Now that pd on my account
is practically out of order, I'm kind of a newbie when I start it up...)
- starts up with message: Cannot read GUI prefs file:
"~/.config/pd-extended/recentfiles.conf"
- "maximum object loading depth 1000 reached" message when object not found
- there is no .pdextended file. If I'm not wrong, it's created when you
first try to save preferences, but your preferences won't be saved.
- Before exit, if chose to save dirty new patch, an Application Error
window appears:

> Not connected to 'pd' process
> Not connected to 'pd' process
>     while executing
> "error "Not connected to 'pd' process""
>     (procedure "pdsend" line 6)
>     invoked from within
> "pdsend "pd watchdog""
>     (procedure "pdtk_watchdog" line 2)
>     invoked from within
> "pdtk_watchdog"
>     ("after" script)

- After quit i get this error every time:  pdsend errorname: >>error
writing "sock6": broken pipe<<
- Default .pdextended has no 'path' list
- When using 'path' in .pdextended, many, seemingly pointless (?) errors
come up like this:

> WARNING: duplicate 'manual' library found!
>   '/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/cyclone/manual' is active
>   '/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/iemlib/manual' is duplicate

or like this kind:

> WARNING: duplicate 'pdlua' library found!
>   '/usr/lib/pd-extended/startup/pdlua' is active
>   '/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/pdlua' is duplicate

or like this:

> WARNING: duplicate 'oscx' library found!
>   '/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/oscx' is active
>   '/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/oscx' is duplicate

András