[PD] [OT] openstomp ... PD pedal?

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:12:11 CET 2012

It doesn't seem to have had much success... Listening to the few sound
samples on the web I can understand why. Technically it looks like a
brilliant achievement, but he seems to have written and designed everything
by himself, and his software is probably nowhere as powerful and felxible
as Pd.

The issue with Pd is that building such a pedal would require a small
computer with a fast CPU for real-time processing, as well as an equally
small adc/dac. I don't think that the necessary hardware is available right
now (or at least affordable).

I think I'll have to stick to the old laptop+soundcard+footcontroller setup
for some more time (http://guitarextended.wordpress.com)!

Pierre.