[PD] [pd] tables as patch storage

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 11:03:07 CEST 2012

On 27 Mar 2012, at 18:41, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> I can only speak for myself (your opinion obviously differs), but I
> actually find the list-abs library pretty useful. Though, I am sometimes
> not using it directly, but copy&pasting stuff from it to my patches. And
> sometimes I really use it as a library. I find the goal of it being only
> vanilla rather a pragmatic than an academic one.
>
> I also expect Frank not to have made it only for academia's sake.

I also find it useful especially for "pure Pd" projects.

However, I would add that had it been developed for academic reasons only, this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. [list-abs] is a gold mine of Pd patching techniques and there's a lot to learn from it even if you don't use it.

It's like a pragmatic API, with a very informative implementation!

best,

Jamie

--
http://www.jamiebullock.com