[PD] GEM: storing pix_background settings?

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Thu Apr 5 11:21:14 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm working on an installation that will have stable lighting - and I'll
be using pix_background in combination with pix_video to capture and
isolate the image of individual participants and mix the participant's
image (now with a black background) with other video sources.

My question is, can the calibration of pix_background (achieved by
sending it a "reset" message while capturing the plain background
without participant) be saved to file and later reloaded - or will I
need to perform the "reset" calibration each time Pd is started?

Can this be done simply or will I need to delve into the C code? Has
anyone tried this?

Cheers,

Iain