[PD] why does PD round numbers? (in tables, in messageboxes, etc)

Angakok Thoth angakok.thoth at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 03:24:26 CEST 2012

hello

please, can somebody explain why does pure data round big numbers stored in
tables, when I save my patch?
+ the same for messageboxes, but for tables I find it even stranger.

what's the point of such feature that only waste you time, when you can't
switch it off when you need to, so you need to spend hours finding
workarounds (that still make your patches slower. (last time it made my
patch load for 20s (instead of 2s) because of workarounds in abstractions
that were used >333 times....)

am I the only one who finds the unneccesary rounding of numbers annoying?
when we want our numbers rounded, we can use some object to round them.
why is pure data rounding stuff automatically? i just don't get it. is it a
bug? or is it supposed to be like this?

are developers reading this mailing list too, or is it better to post to
their mailing list also?

regards,
daniel