[PD] cheapest production-scale pd-anywhere platform?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Fri May 18 17:35:50 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> Its going to be hard to beat the price of the Raspbery π.  Why not use it?
>
> .hc

The biggest problem for the near future is availability.  One vendor
sent an email to say the R-Pi would be shipping soon!  and by "soon!"
it meant 2 months away.

At this point, if you want 100 of them, that's about 1% of their
supply, and I'd expect they're swamped with orders for months to come.
 It's going to be hard to get very many of them.

My guess: It should work well for the price and specs as long as you
can wait 6 or so months.

Chuck