[PD] ipoke~ ?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 10:46:08 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Julian Brooks <jbeezez at gmail.com> wrote:

> If iPoke~ is of use to our community then I think we
> should give it a crack.  P.A. has very decent coding skills, is supportive
> of our aims (though has yet to be convinced of its real-world application
> apart from Pd vanilla) and this would fit nicely with my own
> passive-aggressive aim to make Hudd music tech more FLOSS/Pd friendly.  We
> also have Alex Harker who has been working on the HISS Tools bundle and is
> very much a 'fellow-traveller' in these matters, so I'm confident he would
> pitch-in too.

A few months ago I had already expressed my interest for the HISS
Tools to Alex Harker. The Huddersfield people are doing great stuff,
and their intention to release source code for porting to Pd / SC
makes me happy. So yes, I would like to join the gang.

Porting [ipoke~] from MaxMsp to Pd should not be too difficult. I'd
love to give it a try soon but coming weeks I'll be on a computerless
holiday. Anyway I'll try to follow the discussion in the meantime.

Katja