[PD] PD on Playstation 3?

Peter Brinkmann peter.brinkmann at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:54:14 CEST 2012

Hi Filippo,
You may want to reach out to Kent Jolly. He gave a talk on the use of
Pd at Electronic Arts last year. He's also interested in libpd.

I'm not familiar with PS3 development, but the basic setup of libpd in
a new environment is always the same. Since libpd doesn't have any
dependencies, you can just drop it into your project (as long as you
have a C compiler, that is). Then you wire the process callback of
libpd into the audio components of your environment (if your audio
environment offers a callback-driven API like JACK or PortAudio, that
just takes a few lines of code).

The only part that requires thought is concurrency. Chances are that
the process method will be invoked on a separate thread, while control
messages will come from another thread. That requires some sort of
synchronization. The easiest way to do that is with mutex locks, but
there are other ways if you'd rather avoid locks. Feel free to refer
your developers to me if they have questions.
Cheers,
     Peter