[PD] Super computer made of legos and Raspberry Pi computers

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 03:06:58 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres
<porres at gmail.com>wrote:

> For what I saw, the circuitry is not opened, or is it? I fear that,
> unfortunately, I didn't see it anywhere so it seems they haven't done that,
> although they are surely willing to disseminate the usage of technology.

No the Pi is not open.  The licensing agreement with Broadcomm is one of
the major liabilities with the Pi.

The Beagle/Panda/etc use TI parts and they are more friendly to open
hardware (although you may have to buy TI's dev tools to get the most out
of the hardware).