[PD] getting sample rate of file loaded into an array

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Oct 4 18:05:19 CEST 2012

On 10/04/2012 11:27 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:

>> De: "Roman Haefeli" <reduzent at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 16:23 +0200, Patrice Colet wrote:
>>> Thank you roman, didn't try this one...
>>>
>>> I'd like to know what was the bug
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2950978&group_id=55736
>>
>>>  because it gives wrong sample resolution
>>
>> Didn't know about this one. Please report it, so that hopefully it
>> gets
>> fixed. Does it work correctly with [ext13/wavinfo]?
>
> Yes it does,
>
> but anyway, my bad, I didn't read carefuly enough the help file that is saying sample resolution in *bytes*, not in *bits*.
>
> maybe one day [soundfile_info] will read aiff files as well...

There are two separate issues here:

1. it would be lovely to have a single [soundfile_info] that gets the
meta data from any soundfile, like how [readanysf~] will play any soundfile

2. People should be free to write whatever software they want.  If
existing objects don't work for them, they write new ones.  Therefore we
have [wavinfo] and [soundfile_info].

So really, I think the best solution would be to leave both  [wavinfo]
and [soundfile_info] as they are, and focus efforts on making a
[anysfinfo] based on gmerlin using [readanysf~] as a template.