[PD] windowing extended objetcs, mistakes on help files and how to make them into vanilla patches

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:35:31 CEST 2012

Hi there, I was studying the window functions for FFT, so I was trying to
build into vanilla pacthes the window functions that come on Pd-Extended
[windowing] package. I got to do them all, but kaiser~ and gaussian~

Do any of you feel capable to perform this ver nerdy taks?

Well, anyway, here are some inconsistencies/mistakes I found ont the
description of the formulas that are present in the help of those external
objetcts:

- blackman~ instead of 0.8 it should be 0.08

- welch formula: 1-abs(x) - not sure, but doesn't seem to be right or
clear. I used this one: http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/windows/

- barlett~: 1-x^2 doesn't seem to be right or clear either, I used this
one: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ApodizationFunction.html

- connes~: cos(pi*x/2) - it's the same as cosine~ so it can't be right, I
used the above link again.

Cheers
Alex