[PD] Trouble installing Pd Extended 0.43.3 on Raspberry Pi

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Fri Oct 26 00:02:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 25.10.2012 23:54, Josué Deprat wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I following the installing instructions for Pd extended for Raspberry Pi
> and when I run this command:
>
> $ sudo dpkg -i Pd-0.43.3-extended-20121004.deb
>
> I keep getting this error:
>
> Selecting previously unselected package pd-extended.
> (Reading database ... 57768 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking pd-extended (from Pd-0.43.3-extended-20121004.deb) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of pd-extended:
>  pd-extended depends on libfftw3-3; however:
>   Package libfftw3-3 is not installed.

(Snip)

> dpkg: error processing pd-extended (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
> Processing triggers for menu ...
> Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...
> Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
> Processing triggers for shared-mime-info ...
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem?
> If so, any suggestions?

dpkg -i does not install the dependencies automatically, so Pd-extended
is partly installed. To get the dependencies, mark them as automatic and
correctly fix the installation of Pd-Extended, run

apt-get -f install

to fix it (should work with aptitude -f install as well)

HTH,
Thomas
--
"Ich komme aus dem Staunen nicht heraus."
"Dann bleib halt drin, du Seppel"