[PD] i945GM not good enough for GEM anymore?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Oct 27 19:49:10 CEST 2012

On 10/27/2012 05:44 PM, Bastiaan van den Berg wrote:
> I grabbed puredata 0.43.4 last night on my laptop, to play around with
> some GEM stuff..
>
> But now, everytime I want to create a GEM window, i get the following error;
>
> GEM: failed to init GLEW: your system only supports openGL-1.0
>
> Google tells me intel's drivers have and will never support more than
> opengl 1.4.

well, openGL-1.4 is more than openGL-1.0. and openGL-1.4 should be
sufficient (unless you want shaders and the like)

> So this problem must have always existed?

yes, most likely.

> Still this is the first time
> I have seen it...

what does glewinfo tell you?

> Is it possible that this check only recently got introduced? Is there
> a way around it? If i promise to only use older openGL features, can I
> then still use it? :)

what's the problem you are having? (an error message is not a problem by
itself; it only tells you that there might be a real problem)

Gem should be able to run with older openGL versions (that's why we are
using GLEW in the first place), probably even with 1.0

fgamdsr
IOhannes