[PD] mysterious segfault while receiving midi commands...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Oct 30 22:10:35 CET 2012

That's a tough one to track down.  One thing I'd recommend is to reduce the
complexity.  Specifically, [readanysf~] is a wonderful object, but relies on
many many libraries and has many layers in it.  This bug could have come from
any one of those libraries in addition to Pd, readanysf, etc.

For the media that you're using, I recommend converting them with 32-bit float
WAVs, the internal format used in Pd.  Then you can use [readsf~] or even
better, load them into tables and play them with [tabplay~].

.hc