[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.43.4 beta release, its almost done!

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 31 23:27:52 CET 2012

Le 31/10/12 19:04, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> The new GUI code in 0.43 is almost all in the Wish process. On Mac OS
> X, the Wish process will show up as 'Pd-0.43.4-extended-20121030' or
> something like that. Not much changed in the 'pd' process itself in
> terms of the GUI code. If you are seeing high CPU usage in the 'pd'
> process and not the Wish process, then its unlikely that the new GUI
> is the cause. On Mac OS X, you can use Shark.app to profile a running
> app. Chances are you'll see what we've seen all along: most of this
> CPU usage is Pd blocking with wait calls.
You're right, "pd" is taking all the cpu, Pd-0.43.4-extended-20121030 is
0%. From what I see with shark, the cpu is mostly used by a mach kernel
function : "ml_set_interrupts_enabled" and by dsp function from
"DspFuncLib" that all looks like usual effect ( processIIR, equalizer,
multibandcompressor, ...). I can send the report off list if you like.

Still how can you explain the cpu decrease when the window is moving?
>>>   Maybe you could try building Pd-extended against the very latest portaudio and the version of portaudio that Pd-vanilla 0.43 is using.
>> I'm not sure what is the easiest way to do that, but I may try to follow guidelines if you can give me some.
> In the pd source tarball is a folder called 'portaudio'.  Delete it, then download the version you want to try from http://portaudio.com.  When you unzip it, you'll see a folder called 'portaudio', but that in your pd source, so its like pd/portaudio/ as in pd/portaudio/src

ok, I don't have much time now, but I'll try as soon as I can.

http://nim.on.free.fr