[PD] mastering to vinyl live w/ pd

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 19 11:25:19 CET 2012

Hello,

I've done vinyl cutting from pd. One thing important is to have the low
frequency in phase.
It means you must reduce the stereo component under a certain frequency
(ex: 100Hz) and only keep mono.
If it's not mono (engraved horizontally) the stereo component (engraved
vertically) of the basses will make the groove jump up and down.
You can use my phasemeter abstractions (joined) to check your signal,
mono is vertical, stereo is horizontal.

Don't forget to use a RIAA filter to reduce the importance of basses as
well.

Best,
Nicolas