[PD] [PD-announce] Pd group in Athens

Kyriakos Tsoukalas subscriber at labyrinthos.gr
Sun Dec 23 01:13:33 CET 2012

On Dec 21, 2012, at 12:03 PM, Peter P. wrote:

> * adrcki at gmail.com <adrcki at gmail.com> [2012-12-21 10:53]:
>> ok, four people would be ok if all four (or at least three) had some stuff to show. But if it's gonna be one showing and the rest watching...dunno. Didn't expect huge numbers to start with, but what we have for now doesn't convince me, to be honest.
>> I'd rather not make a combined Pd/Max group, it's a matter of ideology.
Proprietary software users may share knowledge for free and F(L)OSS users may charge to do so. Isn't in the concept of meetings to provide solutions and/or motivation to its members? (Conveniently get help in a matter of seconds or minutes in opposition to whatever else, like frustration). Or is it only about workshops/presentations of software use (pursuing or not clientele)?
> Actually that very ideology could persuade Maxers to make the switch
> to Pd, if you held a meeting, couldn't it? :-)
What's this ideology anyway? ... maybe we should discuss it over a meeting :-P

On Dec 21, 2012, at 10:58 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> This translation stuff is still very new, so we'll definitely have to improve how somethings are handled.  One example, things can be made to resize automatically based on the wide of the actual text, meaning the width of the buttons, etc. and therefore the window would match the width of the actual displayed text.
>
> In the case of the Preferences window, because of the way its coded, that's not easy to do.  So I just increased the width to 500 to give more room for the different languages.  No doubt, Greek will not be the only language that needs more room.  Spanish, Portugeuse, German, Japanese, and Chinese fit perfectly in 500.  The window just looked bad at 600, so that's why I choose 500.
Thanks - 500 is ok (only omitted "Reset to") - I updated the po on the transifex platform.

> .hc

happy days,

Kyriakos