[PD] pmpd2d does not create Pd-extended 0.43.4 latest

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Wed Jan 9 16:02:47 CET 2013

Le 09/01/2013 15:37, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> On 01/09/2013 09:25 AM, Cyrille Henry wrote:
>>

>> Le 09/01/2013 15:08, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>>
>>> The naming problem is only if the name is the exact same, i.e. lib called
>>> 'pmpd' and object called [pmpd].
>> there is a pmpd object in the pmpd lib.
> Not in the current version in Pd-extended.
yes, i know that, but i hope a more recent version will be include in the future.

>>   That's a load order thing, Pd will try to
>>> load "pmpd/pmpd.pd_linux" everywhere before it tries at all to load
>>> "pmpd/pmpd-meta.pd" anywhere.
>> if it search for pmpd.pd_linux after, then it should be fine.
>
> Yeah, the search order needs to be changed so that it searches each folder for
> every type before moving to the next folder.  Right now, you cannot have an
> abstraction called 'myobect' ever if you have myobject.pd_linux anywhere in
> your path, even if myobject.pd is in the same folder as the patch.  That's
> broken in my opinion.

well, for pmpd, it's not an abstraction, but an external.
so i don't really understand if it will cause a problem to have a pmpd external in a pmpd lib, and if i need to rename the lib.

>>> pmpd2d is not included in Pd-extended 0.43.4 because it is a new object, and
>>> no one updated pmpd in Pd-extended.  Its too late to do it for this release.
>> pmpd2d is 1.5 year old. I would not say that it is new!
>> but yes : no one update pmpd in Pd-extended. I'm working on a new release, i
>> hope it will be included in 0.44!
>
> It will be included if someone becomes the maintainer of pmpd in Pd-extended.
I hope Nicolas will have time to do that.

> I just don't have the time to do this for everything any more.  You can see
> the list of library maintainers here:
> http://puredata.info/docs/LibrariesInPdExtended
yes, i don't blame you not having time!

cheers