[PD] ALSA output error (restart failed): Broken pipe

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jan 31 19:12:45 CET 2013

Does it happen with Pd-vanilla 0.43.4 or 0.44?  I just take that code directly
from Miller since I've never done anything with programming audio interfaces.
 Pd definitely does not place nice with pulseaudio, so make sure its not
running when using Pd.  I use this to temporarily suspend pulse:

pasuspender pd-extended

Many people who use Pd a lot uninstall pulseaudio entirely.

.hc