[PD] using puredata to play playlist gapless

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:53:31 CET 2013

On Die, 2013-02-19 at 00:31 -1000, Rick T wrote:
> Greetings All
>
> I have a playlist file (songs.pls) that I would like to play gapless
> (without the 1 second pause between tracks) can puredata due this if so is
> there and example?

It sounds doable to me. I'd do it with [textfile] reading your playlist
which passes each line (after some message mangling) to a [readsf~]. My
only concern is the chosen file format '.pls'. Pd (natively) is pretty
bad in string parsing. If you could use your own format it would make
things a lot easier. I don't know if you have any constraints there.

The simplest format of such a text file might be as an example:

filename1.wav
filename2.wav
whateverfile.wav

Roman