[PD] denormals from [cyclone/svf~] on Linux 64 bit

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Feb 26 23:39:50 CET 2013

I, for one, am very happy that you post on denormal issues!  Its great to have
these hard technical details worked out so that they don't trip us up in
future works :)

On my Linux Mint Maya 64-bit machine, I get about 3% CPU before it hits the
denormal, then about 11% CPU.  Hitting 1 jumps it back down to 3%.

Is it worth trying bsaylor/svf~?  I don't know if it works better in this
situation.  I don't think cyclone has gotten many 64-bit fixes.  As part of
the Pd-extended 0.43.4 release, I did do a push to fix a lot of 64-bit issues
related to GUI stuff, but there are still a number of cyclone objects that do
not have proper 64-bit array support.

.hc