[PD] some issues with dynamic patching

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 09:54:40 CET 2013

On Sun, 2013-03-24 at 17:20 +0100, Jeppi Jeppi wrote:
> Many thanks to you all,
> [initbang] seems just what I was looking for. As for individual,
> dynamic firing with [loadbang], the problem with
>
> [loadbang(
> |
> [send pd-foo.pd]
>
> is that I have several foo abstractions and I would like to fire them
> individually. So, by now [initbang] seems the way to go.

Also this would be possible with [loadbang] since you could give each
instance a different canvas name with [namecanvas] and send the
'loadbang' message to every canvas separately.

The only advantage of this is its compatibility with vanilla. [initbang]
is still a lot easier to use, generally.

Roman