[PD] Sensors GPIO Raspberry Pi Pd

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 27 23:31:55 CET 2013

On 2013-03-27 17:17, Julian Brooks wrote:
> Hey Martin,
>
> Good to hear you've got one of these too.
>
> Yes I meant [comport] with the xbee rather than [hid] sorry, getting my
> physical input objects confused.
>
> Will check out the links you provided as part of my getting up to speed.
>

> So, managed to get the sensors out of the cardboard box.  They are
> tiny.  Like little sci-fi robot eyes.
>
> 1st problem is that we don't have any of these:
> 'JST (Japan Solderless Terminals) - PHR-4 - Housing, 4way, 2mm
>
> http://uk.farnell.com/jst-japan-solderless-terminals/phr-4/housing-4way-2mm/dp/3616204
>
> Which is a vital £0.04.6 of equipment as the sensors pins are way too
> tiny to be poking bits of wire into.  These attach to the bottom of the
> board and then 2mm cabling attaches to them and out to the Pi.
>
> Got some off ebay as farnell has a £20 minimum spend that's a bit over
> getting 10 of those suckers.  So going to have to wait a few more days
> as I can't find any in my vicinity at all.  Bollocks.

Yes I got mine at Digikey. You need the terminals as well as the
housings. I crimped the terminals to some 28 gauge wire and also put a
bit of solder but not too much to plug them up.

Today I managed to get data using an Arduino and the Wire library, with
4.7k pullup resistors on the clock and data lines. The packets are only
32 bytes, not 35 as the app note says. Not sure what's up with that.
You write the value 0x4C (76) to address 7 and then request 32 bytes,
which are 16 little-endian integers. The numbers are in tenths of a
degree Celsius. I needed a 1 or 2ms delay between sending the command
and requesting the data or the sensor would stop responding after 3 packets.

Martin