[PD] live streaming speed comparison

Scott Vanya scottvanya at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 04:43:09 CEST 2013

Hi, all.

Am attempting to stream live video in theora format (through the giss.tv
Icecast2 servers).

In your opinion will pd_extended out-perform in terms of speed (i.e. how
fast the images are moving compared to real time on the clients
machines) the more traditional ffmpeg/ffmpg2theora/oggfwd stack, or
should I just continue to use that stack over pd?

I want the output to ogv and I am using pd_extended 0.42.5 and am using
an ubuntu lucid derivative (puppy linux) so my libc is sort of set in
stone).

Also, off topic, but if the pd transmission is faster than the ffmpeg
stack is it also faster or slower than the gstreamer avenue?

Thanks, in advance for your input.
--
*Scott Vanya*
scottvanya at gmail.com <mailto:scootvanya at gmail.com>