[PD] udp stream audio from gstreamer (to puredata)

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Thu May 9 17:59:24 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-09 11:19, stéfan piat wrote:
> hello,
>

> I try to stream audio (wav) from a rasperry pi with Gstreamer and catch
> it in puredata with [udpreceive~]
>
> I am wondering if this is possible ?

Not really. [udpreceive~] is meant to receive from [udpsend~]. They send
packets of audio samples along with the some parameters and a frame
count. Unless your sender formats the data the same way, it just won't
work. The thing to do would be send using a [udpsend~] in the Pi, or
else find out what gstreamer is sending and write an external to decode
that inside of Pd ;)

Martin