[PD] got jump-on-click arrays working

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 20:34:02 CEST 2013

On 05/15/2013 02:12 PM, João Pais wrote:
> I can't (or don't know how to) test these patches.

That's actually a big problem, because it means the only people testing
my changes are people who already know how to compile Pd on their
platform AND have the free time (and interest) to test the changes I
make.  It would be much better if everyone who can run Pd can also test
out the changes I make.

I should probably tackle this problem before delving into the rest of my
goals.  Is anyone cross-compiling for Windows using the Debian packages
for mingw?  That would make it possible to post binaries for windows and
linux using a single Debian box.

What about OSX?

> But I would suggest something else, in case it's somehow related:
>
> - "change" message coming out the [struct] (or [plot]?) for data
> structure arrays, that output the pointer and index for the element in
> question. Then it's possible to link user interaction with arrays as well

So which [struct] gets the "change" message: the one with the array and
[plot] drawing instruction, or the [struct] that is the template for the
array (i.e., the one with the "y" field that's actually being changed)?

-Jonathan