[PD] pd2png : screenshots of patchs

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed May 15 22:36:36 CEST 2013

I think it would be nice if it was a minimal library and small commandline app. This way I could use it for something I've been thinking about for a while: an OSX Preview plugin so you could preview a patch right in the Finder.

It would make sense for this to be something bundled with pd, like pdsend.

On May 15, 2013, at 2:33 PM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:

> From: Abel Jérôme <abel.jerome at free.fr>
> Subject: [PD] pd2png : screenshots of patchs
> Date: May 15, 2013 12:36:17 PM EDT
> To: pd-list at iem.at
>

> Hi,
>
> > GridFlow has a Pd patch to take screenshots of other Pd patches using X11 (so: GNU/Linux, BSD, etc, possibly OS X, unlikely to work on Windows)
> > which works for really tall patches
>
> Yes, you're right, I saw this idea in gridflow. I will try it.
>
> > Well ... basically to me the way to go is really with SVG as a starting point. Because once you have SVG, you can use one of hundred different tools to convert to PNG, JPG or any image format you can dream of
>
> With inkscape you can convert .ps into .svg :
> inkscape pd.ps --export-plain-svg=pd.svg
>
> I don't know if we can command Pd to print patchs in .ps (in a command line). It could strong and cross-platform.
>
> Jerome

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika