[PD] OT: raspberry pi

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Fri May 17 10:04:34 CEST 2013

On 16/05/13 23:39, Max wrote:
> hi patrick
> Why don't you just use millers images with vanilla or the satellite-ccrma with pd-ext, both linked here:
> https://puredata.info/docs/raspberry-pi

Both images are very close to 8GB (though much of that is empty space) ... the
CCRMA one did fit my SD cards but the pd-la one was slightly too big.

The raspbian wheezy image will fit on a much smaller card, and will expand its
partition to fill what you have, and is working nicely here. Clearly not all 8GB
cards are quite the full 8GB.

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/images/

If you try the standard debian armel it will probably work, but is compiled for
a simpler CPU without hardware float (ARMv4 rather than v6), and will be slower.