[PD] a method for a subpatch to determine the name of its parent patch

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed May 22 01:03:44 CEST 2013

On 05/21/2013 04:41 PM, Samuel Burt wrote:
> Friends, please, assist me with a question.
>
> I want to have a subpatch refer to the name of its parent patch.

Hans' [window_name 1] ought to do it (1 refers to one level up, higher
number implies more levels up). This is available in pd-extended and
pd-l2ork. In pd-l2ork [canvasinfo] may be able to also do this but I am
not entirely sure. That's a question for Jonathan.

HTH

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology