[PD] [Solved] Store some lists with undo function? / MPC Drum Sequencer

JF saintidle at yahoo.com
Mon May 27 09:12:02 CEST 2013

I've made a demo patch that will store some arbitrary lists (although I've only tested

it with note-on note-off pairs) with the ability to undo the last list entered. I went back

to vanilla [textfile] as [coll] and [msgfile] didn't really provide an advantage (that I

could patch! Not saying much).

The patch works as a kind of MIDI loop recorder using the Z key as a kind of drum

pad to play a kick drum. The C key performs an undo on the last note recorded and

the X key performs a kind of MPC style note erase function (erase notes at the

current time).

Thanks to Joe White for the idea of using an index to keep track of the number of

lists being held.

Would love to hear of any improvements if anyone has the time to look!?

The main mechanism of the patch is rather ugly. It relies on constantly flushing the

entire textfile contents and searching for a match each time.

Thanks in advance,
John.