[PD] Forwarding serial data through an Arduino (with firmata) to a serial display

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Wed Jun 5 14:24:38 CEST 2013

Hi everybody!

I am dealing with the problem that I have changed to a new mainboard which
doesn't have a serial port anymore. I'm on Ubuntu Natty.

I used to send LCD display data to my remote on the normal serial port using
[comport]. The display itself has a serial interface. The remote uses a
separate cable and [comport] for USB going to the arduino.

Is it possible to transfer the serial data for the display through the
arduino using the arduinos serial out to feed the display (with a baud rate
of 19200) ?

I still need to use firmata for all other arduino stuff.
So it should be like an addon to firmata. Or is this already possible with
the current firmata?

If anybody has done this before I'd appreciate any help!

Ingo