[PD] Raspberry Pi USB2 audio fixed (apparently)

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 21:52:31 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I did a fresh install of Raspbian using the NOOBS installer. The
pd-extended package from puredata.info doesn't work with my soundcard (it
wasn't working before). And Pd vanilla installed from the Raspbian
repositories doesn't work with it either (although it was working fine
before). My soundcard is an old EMU 0404 USB. By "doesn't work" I mean that
it either throws an "Audio stuck/closing audio" error, or simply freezes
everything (Pd, LXDE, mouse, everything) and all I can do is unplug the
power chord.

So for me not only did it not fix anything, but i'm actually worse off and
left with the inability to use Pd at all on my Pi.

I haven't tried Miller's compiled version of Vanilla yet (I still don't
know how it is different from the one available in the Raspbian repos). The
recent Planet CCRMA Satelite for the RPi is also an option.

Pierre.