[PD] Building Pd App on OSX

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 01:00:48 CEST 2013

Miller et al,
      Once I get Pd built on OSX, I can make install so that "pd" from
the terminal will launch it.

But how do I make it into an App?  Any hints?  INSTALL.txt doesn't have
anything.

I'd like to get it building so that a) I can make use of all the goodies
someone put into
AppMain.tcl and b) post a working copy so people can try out the new
Preferences dialog.

Separate question: even for running "pd" from the terminal, why doesn't
the AppMain.tcl stuff
get used?  For example, I still want to use the OSX "Preferences" panel,
and set all the Apple
specific stuff like "About Pd" in the App menu, regardless of how pd was
started.  (Though it's
not a huge deal, as the vast majority would just be running the app.)

Thanks,
Jonathan